What Cancer cant do.....

Cancer cannot cripple love; it actually makes it overflow.

Cancer cannot corrode faith; it actually strengthens faiths convictions.


Cancer cannot shatter hope; it actually clarifies what hope is for.


Cancer cannot silence courage; it actually gives us a voice.


Cancer cannot conquer the spirit; because our spirit keeps fighting.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Picking the Right Nipple

I cannot believe next month June 7th it will be two years since I was diagnosed with invasive Breast Cancer.
There were some pretty tough times but overall it has been okay, I am still here and I have had a lot to laugh about during the last two years. The latest was my Last mammogram the first one I have had since my reduction surgery on my left breast.
They had to remove my left nipple and move it up higher. It would of looked really odd if they had left it in the same place and just reduced and lifted my breast. It probably would be somewhere below the curve of the breast facing down pointing to my left foot.
Even though the reduction surgery didnt hurt I was always a little nervous of the reattached nipple. It looked very pale and anemic of course there wasnt another one on the right side to compare it to. My Surgeon was going to use this shape and projection as a model for my right breast.
It did not look like model material to me.
Anyway like I said I went in for my mammogram. As you know, or should know you are not to wear any lotions perfumes or deodorant when going in for a mammogram. I began to sweat profusely as I started to disrobe, the beads of sweat were from fear. I wasnt worried they would find a lump. I was worried that when my breast was put in that vice like grip the nipple would pop off and shoot across the room. Then my boob would look like a crushed melon.
FEAR.... acronym: False Evidence Appearing Real.
No problems the test was fine and so was my nipple.
After that I decided I was not going to worry about that ever again. I will have a prosthetic Nipple made instead of one done surgically on my right breast. If that shot off during any mashing it would just stick to the wall like a window cling....
That is exactly what they look like except you can pick/match the color to your natural skin tones. It is held in place by an adhesive that allows it to stay put while swimming, excersise, showering and even during sex.
When this was expalined to me it reminded me of the old Tampax commercials "you can wear them Horseback riding, swimming, exercise and no one will know"lol
So a girlfriend and I had a little road trip to the nearest  prosthetic nipple fitter, which was about an hour from where I live. My husband didnt want to go with me he wants to be suprised. Girlfriends are the best to shop with. They are honest and supportive...... Does this nipple make my butt look big?
Well it will take a couple of weeks to come in and until then I am rocking the tank tops with one headlight showing through. I will keep you updated on how it works out for me and my lick and stick nipple.........
Always your Breast Friend,
Janie Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment