What Cancer cant do.....

Cancer cannot cripple love; it actually makes it overflow.

Cancer cannot corrode faith; it actually strengthens faiths convictions.


Cancer cannot shatter hope; it actually clarifies what hope is for.


Cancer cannot silence courage; it actually gives us a voice.


Cancer cannot conquer the spirit; because our spirit keeps fighting.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

What to do ...what to do.....

Last week I had my three month check up with my oncologists, rocking my new hair do and new lady bumps I walked into the office greeting staff and patients as though I was a regular fixture, more like a family member.
It had been my three month check up but in actual fact I hadn't been in the office since November 2011, I just kept rescheduling, at the time I thought it was good enough reason to, babysitting grandson was one, visiting Mother was another, couldn't be bothered was the third, finally I had to face the fact I was avoiding having to go back to what was, not what I felt like now.
I was feeling good Cancer and treatments was behind me I didn't want to be reminded of what I had been through. Once I had finally got enough gumption to go ahead and bite the bullet I decided to take in a bag of all my old head scarfs and hats and donate them to patients, I wasn't going to need them anymore and I certainly  wasn't going to wear them again. I was confident I was cured, or was I? That is always nagging in the back of your head. What if? Would I be willing to go through it all again? I think I rode that horse long enough for my liking I wasn't about to ride again. I will walk thank you very much. So after the blood draws and lab results came back and i sat with the Doc and answered all the precursory questions, the visit was over.... wait I said does that mean I am okay? Sure he said," look July will be two years, I can't say it will never come back but if it was to it would normally return within the first two years from your original diagnosis", my heart did a little skip of relief, "great" I said, "now I think I need to have a Colonoscopy seeings that we are supposed to have our first one done at age 50 and I will be 55 this year.....But don"t schedule til July". What am I a masochist or a glutton for punishment. All these things we have to do to preserve or health, to live longer... to enjoy life and all it's goodness. To be a part of something greater than yourself, to tell your story so others wont feel so alone. Well at least the preparation for the Colonoscopy will help shed a few lbs to get me started on my summer weight loss program......lol.
Moral of the story is:
Dont make excuses peeps just do it, for shits and grins...xoxo
Always your breast friend
Janie Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment